Guide :Optics : Optics

Telescope knob The telescope knob used for adjusting the focus is comprised of the knob which connects via an allen screw to a threaded peice that connects to the telescope the knob portion I have but the piece of threaded screw is the one missing.

Posted by Coach22 on Jun 13, 2008

Research, Knowledge and Information :

RR Auction: November 2014 Space & Aviation Auction - issuu

Title: RR Auction: November 2014 Space & Aviation Auction, Author: RR ... One-piece blue and gray flight suit ... as well as an “Alt Set” adjustable knob.
Read More At :

b-gl-305-007 user manual cougar (vol 2) armament | Ammunition ...

b-gl-305-007 user manual cougar (vol 2) ... it by adjusting the screw control ... an X7 right-angled telescope. There are two windows, the one at the front is ...
Read More At :

Popular Electronics Electronic Hobbyists Handbook 1989 ...

Popular Electronics Electronic Hobbyists Handbook ... and one side, then slide the top piece into ... lowimpedance Rat-head screw, it will be used to secure ...
Read More At :

The Project Gutenberg eBook of Bulletin 240 - Contributions ...

The Project Gutenberg EBook of Smithsonian Institution - United States National Museum - Bulletin 240, by Anonymous This eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere at no ...
Read More At :

Heritage Auctions - World's Largest Collectibles Auctioneer

... telescope objective lens cap, sun shade, screw driver (ferrule missing), ... fine focus knob on bottom ... mostly all vintage filmmakers have used at one time or ...
Read More At :

manufacturer-information-not-available - Network of Care

... one to focus the camera and the other ... below the bowl using the portion-control knob. ... to be used in tandem with a wheelchair. It connects to the ...
Read More At :

Brown Corpus list (Excel) - Compleat Lexical Tutor -

unique-ingrown-screw uniquely uniqueness unison unit unita ... via viability viable viale viall viareggio viator ... threaded threading threads threat threaten
Read More At :

adjusting adjustment adjustments adjustor adjustors adjusts adjutant adjutants Adkins ... Allen Allendale Allentown allergic allergies allergy alleviate alleviated ...
Read More At :

Price - Network of Care

This set includes a wooden storage box and 10 two-piece wooden puzzles (one ... a knob through a threaded T ... a set screw. The lower leg inserts have ...
Read More At :

Suggested Questions And Answer :

Telescope knob The telescope knob used for adjusting the focus is comprised of the knob which connects via an allen screw to a threaded peice that connects to the telescope the knob portion I have but the piece of threaded screw is the one missing.

Still not enough information, but taking a stab at it, I'll assume you mean the pinion rod that goes between the focus knobs, and engages a gear rack on the focuser. There are locations where they can be purchased, and you would need to provide the OD and pitch (teeth per radian) to match. Try: as a source.
Read More At : Optics...

Found old black tube telescope.Says GILBERT on white stripe in middle.Its on a tripod.Looks like a piece is missing that goes on top of tube.could i use something to make it work. how do i use it. Has lens on end of tube with two white knobs that roll it up and down.on inside of one knob it says P-12A973 with a 7 at bottom.The other one says P12A973 with 12 on bottom. Is some type of scope missing on top of tube? Where can i get one. Or make one.Trying to get it working for my daughter. Thank You Mark

That was probably a finder scope. If it is a real Gilbert the company went out of business about 40 years ago. Here read this: also made kid's chemistry sets: are some finder scopes:
Read More At : (10166) Telescope...

We were given an EDU Science telescope and tripod (no case). We don't know if it is working or if it has all the parts. The telescope looks like the link below, but the smaller tube attachment (see the large image front lower right) is missing. All we have is the tripod and the main large tube. The text on the telescope says: Coated Optics DIA-76mm F=800mm When we look inside the telescope (large tube) we see a mirror at the bottom. Near the top inside are the three metal bars with the device in the middle with three screws. I think we are missing the eye piece. I can send pictures if that would help. Our goal is to get it to work without having to buy all new parts. Thanks Jerry Pickett

The bit you are missing is the finder scope, which is a small low-power scope that is used to line up the main scope on an object that you want to view. Without this it can be quite hard to get the scope pointed at anything, as the field of view is quite limited, and more so at higher powers. It can be quite expensive to buy useful eyepieces for a scope, but they are readily available if the eyepiece mount tube is 1.25 inch inside diameter. The eyepieces that originally came with this scope probably were not very good, and in fact this scope is not up to much. It is rather small for a reflector at three inches diameter. You certainly won't be able to use it at the advertised 600 power, or even at 200. It has neither the resolution nor the light gathering ability with that small an aperture.I would recommend that you explore the web page at THIS LINK for a lot of good advice about first telescopes, before you spend any money.
Read More At : Edu-Science...

The finderscope for the Bushnel 78-9930 telescope will not align w/ the telescope. The Azimuth adjustment knob bottoms out before the alignment is achieved. Everything is molded one piece. Besides the Altitude knob. There are no other screws to adjust the finderscope. Please advise?

Obviously the mounting for the finderscope is NOT parallel with the tube-- probably the screw holes were not drilled correctly.This is one of the reasons why we never recommend Tasco or Bushnell telescopes. They are considered "toy" telescopes and most of them are not suitable for Astronomy.Return it and buy one of these: re-drill the holes so the finder scope is more parallel with the main tube.
Read More At : Voyager 78-9945 Telescope...

Battery connection I was about to set up my telescope (meade etx125) and I heard something loose rattling around inside. I removed the bottom and a piece of plastic fell out, from one of the screw fittings. That's not the problem. When I tried to catch this as it fell I pulled the battery connector wires out. I know an excellent soldering guy, but I would like to know where they were connected. Just to be sure. I hate setting up this telescope as it is. So any help would be great.

Hopefully you pulled out the ones that simple plug back in! -- check out the Mighty ETX web site for disassembly instructions--
Read More At : ETX-125EC (500 x 127mm) Telescope...

Missing the eye piece for the Meade saturn 60az-m

Ebay is a great resource for eyepieces, i would suggest a 26mm ma.the eyepiece should drop in. if not you might be missing the image erecting diagonal. when the eyepiece is installed you should be looking perpendicular at the tube.
Read More At : 60AZ-M Jupiter Telescope 60mm refractor...

I have reflector telescope 672 power and im missing some pieces. I need to get one tripod leg, all the screws to the telescope and the finderscope. I needed to find out how to go about getting these pieces.

It's not worth hunting down that many parts for that small telescope. You cannot just buy a tripod leg-- you must buy the entire tripod. Eyepieces cost at least $30 each-- and a finderscope at least another $30-$40.Locate another complete telescope. It's not economical to repair that low cost small scope. Toys R Us who sell that brand do not furnish replacement parts.
Read More At : (10166) Telescope...

Missing lens I lost the lens on my TASCO MS2530 25X30mm Full Coated Optics ll.5FT/100YDS 38/100M. It is the small lens that screw on the eye piece end of this small telescope. This is a small telescope with a tri pod stand.

This is going to be very difficult to replace. However you can try contacting this company to see if they can order the part? Tasco does not sell replacement parts directly to the public.
Read More At : Specialty 25x30 1AGST Brass Spyglass Telescope...

I recently bought a Cstar Optics T45375 from a garage sale. it seems one of the inner scopes inside the eye piece is missing. is there anywhere i can go to see if it is missing and if so where can i get a new one.

Inner scope??? you mean the eyepiece (s) are broken. Measure the hole eyepieces come in 3 sizes, .965, 1.25, and 2 inch sizes. The .965 eyepieces are very difficult to find as most amateur telescopes use the 1.25 inch size.Try Telescope Warehouse or Agena Astroproducts for a replacement eyepiece:'t ever buy another off brand telescope at a garage sale that you know nothing about.
Read More At : EQ Series (T45375) (375 x 114mm) Telescope...

Is it worth a rescue?

What are the chances of finding a corrector plate for an LX6 2120 Premier f/10?any hints or leads will be appreciated.Chrise-mail ;
Read More At : Optics...

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
next Question || Previos Question
  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.1182 seconds